Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! Season Premieres: Review

Hard to believe we are now starting 27 years of Wheel of Fortune and 26 years of Jeopardy!.

I’ve sounded off on my issues with the current era of Wheel of Fortune and they have not changed. And I still don’t have the desire to watch the show every night anymore. This new free play wedge in place of the free spin sounds rather weird to me. Maybe I’ll get used to it as it goes along.

Jeopardy! however looks just great. Still a great game format-wise after all these years; I've found that it's aging quite nicely. And I am still in love with the new set. Nice new graphics, and I love the new board sound at the beginning. I have voiced my thoughts on the previous set back in March, and they are still the same as before. While I liked the change of podiums in 2006, I am not sad to see it go at all. It was definitely my least favorite set out of all of them. I’ll even take the Sushi Bar/Library looking set any day over it.

I am really excited about the celebrity element this season. Having a celebrity episode once a month may probably sound like a lot to a few people, but in actuality, it is really pretty much the normal length of a celebrity tournament stretched out over the course of the season. I’ve read that some of the celebrities attending so far are Dana Delany and Pat Sajak. I can’t wait to see who the others are!

No comments: