Sunday, November 2, 2008

ATWT: Drastic Measures

Wednesday, October 29th:

I wish I could say I’m surprised to see something so extreme and bizarre as a kidnapping and what could have been attempted rape on this show, but I’m not, considering who the head writer is. I by no means intend to stereotype or sound sexist, but I’d think that a female head writer would write more of their women characters with dignity. You don’t have to degrade the characters constantly in order to produce good drama. I wish this show would treat most of its women better. And not only were these guys complete creeps with Allison, but they were stupid too. Not only did they kidnap someone and force them to strip, but they record it all with a cell phone camera? Idiots. Let’s add this to the America’s Dumbest Criminals file.

I admit, when I first saw Casey punching Mark I wanted him to beat his ass. He deserved it. But, it obviously wasn’t so bright to take that drastic measure when you think about it, especially since Casey is out on parole. And now there’s no available evidence Allison and Casey can find against Mark. Don’t you just hate it when the bad guys prosper? Hopefully that won’t last too long.

Thursday, October 30th:

I hate to admit it, but Kevin has a point here. While it’s truly admirable that Luke wants to help keep the Gay Film Festival alive for his boyfriend, there are other issues that need attention too. Tsk, tsk, Luke. Again, this is no longer about the election anymore.

So not only is Mark a complete ass, but he’s also a horrible liar. And even if Allison was spying, there are better and more tasteful ways to get even than to kidnap and force someone to strip. I was so glad that Margo saw through him immediately and that Casey was let go. I love you Casey Hughes, but please think before you do something in the future. I know you mean well.

No comments: