Monday, June 28, 2010

ATWT: Worst Tribute Ever



For a show ending after 54 years, there sure wasn't much to go out on during tonight's Daytime Emmy telecast. As The World Turns has been on nearly five and a half decades, and all it gets is 45 seconds? You have got to be kidding me. The show's slumped quality wise over the past 3 years, but this is still a legendary show that's leaving the airwaves this fall. Many memorable moments took place with multi-generational characters like the Hughes and Snyders, and a number of actors got their careers started with working on this show. This was not the way to pay homage to a show with such a rich history.

I think the worst part of it all though is that there was no mention of Helen Wagner's passing. Not one. There were a couple highlights for me, seeing '80's Holden and Lily (for two seconds) and Luke and Noah's first kiss, but still, this was the sorriest tribute I have ever watched in my life. And I thought Guiding Light's tribute was bad, but at least that lasted at least one full minute. It was as if this was slapped together at the last second so they could rush on with the rest of the show. Way to fail, CBS.

No comments: