Saturday, June 12, 2010

Late Night Liars: Debut

GSN debuted a new game show this week, which features the panel show format of yesterday and Jim Henson’s Muppets (no Kermit or Miss Piggy to be had here, though).

The object of the game is relatively simple… find out which Muppet is lying. The scoring system for this show is odd, and it's pretty much just based on humor (i.e. 513 being the sidekick weasel's new social security number). But in spite of that randomness, I do like the game. It comes across as fun to play along with and the bonus game is clever to me and very fast-paced.

I wasn't blown away by Larry Miller's hosting but I do think that he has the potential to improve overtime.

Overall I'd rather see a panel game with human panelists but this is a pretty decent show. I wouldn't put it under the rank of OMGMUSTWATCHNOW but at the same time, it's such a serious step up from trainwrecks like Unstapled and Hidden Agenda it's not even funny. I would totally recommend this for at least a random watch.

New episodes air Thursdays at 11:00 pm eastern but they're rerunning the hell out of it on weekends already so if you really wanted to sample the show you couldn't possibly miss it if you tried.

No comments: