Friday, February 5, 2010

Online Pick of the Week (2/5): Sabrina, The Teenage Witch


It had been a while since I watched the show (it's probably about a year and a half since I've seen it), so I thought I’d check the reruns out again on ABC Family of one of my favorite shows, Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

I know the show comes off as cheesy to some people, including myself; even I find myself saying “wow, this is so cheesy” at times; particularly when certain special effects happen. But the good thing is that this is a show for me that has truly stood the test of time. I still find it incredibly funny after all these years. The storylines are still fun; one of my absolute favorites being where she earns her witch‘s license. I was really enjoying it until the 5th season (I was so glad they brought Nate Richert back). I also still love Melissa Joan Hart, Caroline Rhea, Beth Broderick, and Nate Richert on the show. And by the second season, Martin Mull, as he played a great Kravitz-type role on the series.

Some shows I watched growing up I just can’t enjoy anymore as an adult (I’m talking to you, Full House!). Nice to see Sabrina isn’t one of these types of shows. And for the record, I’m really disappointed to read that a number of the musical portions and acts on the show have been changed or edited out entirely when it comes to the DVDs. They even went so far as to editing out Martin Mull singing the Hokey Pokey of all things on one of the season 4 episodes. How ridiculous is that? Seriously?

The episode chosen is the pilot, where the 16-year-old finds out that she’s a witch! Enjoy! My online pick of the week!

No comments: