Saturday, February 20, 2010

More DVD Releases

To me this seems to be a better year for TV shows on DVD so far, especially compared to last year. Then it seemed pretty much mostly current shows were only coming out.

I was pretty happy to hear that season 3 of Everwood will be released this year. After that happens, only one more season until it’s completed. This is also great since ABC Family never even bothered to give the show one complete rerun cycle before pulling it off; so at least fans are going to have a source for the episodes if they want to see them badly enough.

Also, season 6 of Sabrina the Teenage Witch will be released next month. I have to say, as much as I love this show, hearing about the musical edits, replacements, and some syndicated episodes on the previous sets have been really turning me off when it comes to buying them, but I know some people were still wondering about the rest of the show anyway and it looks like it’s finally getting closer to being done in the DVD market.

Not that I care for it anymore, but I also saw the notice for season 1 of Family Matters. I know Urkel became to be the most popular character on the show, but I find it a little funny that his picture on the cover is the largest of the whole cast combined. It’s like they’ve forgotten that the series was originally a vehicle for Jo Marie Peyton. I don’t enjoy seeing this show anymore, but a lot of people have been looking forward to this release for years and it’s good the fans are getting it.

With those shows, along with another season each of Mr. Ed, Night Court, and The Facts of Life, it’s beginning to look like a pretty good year for a show that’s not currently on the air when it comes to a DVD release.

No comments: