Friday, April 3, 2009

Online Pick of the Week: The Price Is Right

After all that’s been happening in the television world lately with news of Guiding Light being cancelled, knowing that Supernatural will end next year, ER ending, and even What’s My Line? and Card Sharks being removed from GSN; just all of it. Anything that’s either been disappointing, upsetting, saddening, or deemed negative in any way; I just needed something positive and light to enjoy, and to take my mind off of it all for a bit. So herein lies my online pick of the week for the week of March 30-April 3: this year’s Price is Right April Fools show.

This had to have been one of the most awesome and funny shows I have ever seen of Price. And seeing it again, I'm enjoying it just as much as I did when I first watched it. It was handled perfectly, from the Bill Cullen mention in the opening, the Come on Down’s in foreign languages, Drew with the Groucho glasses, the Match Game theme music, the odd wheel sound effects, right along to Kathy Kinney modeling the prizes as Mimi.

This season of the show seems to have gone through a rather bumpy ride; from the retired pricing games to the atmosphere that was too laid back even for my tastes. But since the end of December, the show in my eyes seems to be picking up much more again. Instances like the disappointing pie-throwing showcase show that comedy does not always bode well, especially when it just seems unprepared and random, but I enjoyed the April Fool’s showcase very much. This was just the right instance to take a beloved show and add some silliness just for fun’s sake. And Drew is back to the way he was before this past fall.

The 2009 Price is Right April Fool’s episode, my online pick of the week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.