Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Celebrity Jeopardy!: From Las Vegas!

Tonight, March 10th, marked the premiere of the new Jeopardy! set, and it was also the night featuring one of my favorite things ever in this world, Celebrity Jeopardy!.

I love it every time there is an all-star show. I wouldn’t want to see it daily, but it’s a real treat that I look forward to whenever it happens. I love seeing my favorite celebrities come up with questions to revealed answers, and they look like they’re having as much fun playing as I am watching. Makes me wish Sony would have more DVD releases for this show, not just more with civilian episodes, but another volume with just celebrity episodes. I’m sure they’d sell like hotcakes.

I loved all three but my favorite of the night was none other than Tom Bergeron. He seems to be as good and funny on camera as ever. I also loved how at some points when Aisha Tyler and Elizabeth Perkins kept ringing in before him the face that he had, looking like he’s thinking “Hey, what‘s wrong with my buzzer?“ And after seeing him guest host Millionaire, I ask, please, PLEASE, Mr. Bergeron, PLEASE host another game show.

As far as the new set goes, I love it. I’m wondering what it’ll look like when it’s in the regular studio, but I think it looks great. I love the blues. I love the look of the podiums. I love how much easier it is to tell when someone rings in. Just great. My hats off to the set design people.

When thinking about the previous set, I was never a huge fan of it, but I did think the newer HD podiums added in 2006 helped it out. I could not stand the podiums that came in 2002.

With a new look and the start of the tournament of champions tomorrow, here’s to a new era of Jeopardy! Cheers!

No comments: