Tuesday, December 23, 2008

GSN: January Schedule Changes

Beginning the week of January 5th. Changes listed only:

WEEKDAYS:
9:30 am Card Sharks (CBS 1986-89; replaces Tic Tac Dough)
12:00 am Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? (ABC 1999-2002; replaces Millionaire, Syndie (2002- Present))
1:00 am Wheel of Fortune (syndie 1994-95 season, replaces That’s The Question)
1:30 am Jeopardy! (syndie 2004-05 season, replaces Camouflage)
2:00 am Family Feud (syndie 2006-present version with O’Hurley, replaces Beat the Clock (CBS 1979-80))
2:30 am Match Game (CBS 1973-79, replaces Now You See It (CBS 1974-75))

WEEKENDS:
10:00 am Blockbusters (NBC 1987, replaces the 1980-82 version)

I’m not really that disappointed about Tic Tac Dough leaving because at least they ran through all the episodes they leased. And I do think Card Sharks with Bob Eubanks does deserve a spot on the weekday schedule, but I’m not liking it too much that they’re starting over with episode 1. That will make it the third time already that they’re in some form rewinding the show back to the beginning after not getting at least half-way through with another cycle of the show.
As much as I prefer Cullen’s Blockbusters over the Bill Rafferty version, Cullen’s version has aired a lot over the past few years and I think it deserves a bit of a break from the schedule. The Rafferty era hasn’t been seen in a while and a weekend timeslot is perfect for it considering the amount of episodes it had.

However, I am disappointed about Beat the Clock and Now You See It leaving. All I wanted to see were 4 more episodes of Beat the Clock from the finale week, and Now You See It would have gotten up to the series finale next month anyway. Couldn’t they have just waited until all the available episodes were shown at least once before pulling both shows, or at least move Now You See It to 2 am?

And what’s replacing these shows at night I find to be pretty disappointing. I was never a big fan of That’s The Question or Camouflage, and I love seeing Wheel of Fortune, but with it and Jeopardy!, seriously, I thought we were through with this repeating of the same episodes of shows a day. I realize that people can’t see/record these shows on GSN during the day, but I like the idea of having a bit of a bigger variety of shows. And the Match Game replacement for Now You See It I also find to be kind of a letdown since it’ll be late ‘74-’75 episodes again. This would have been a great time to get out something like PM or the 1990 version, which we haven’t seen in a while. And I could do without an extra Feud airing.

No comments: