Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Another Retro Week Coming from WGN America

WGN America’s got another Retro Theme Week planned. This one airs from August 4-7th, and focuses on “The Golden Oldies.” It’s as follows:

Monday, August 4th: The Honeymooners
Tuesday, August 5th: The Beverly Hillbillies
Wednesday, August 6th: Bewitched
Thursday, August 7th: I Dream of Jeannie

Well, while it’s still only four days out of the week instead of five, I find this to be much less of a disappointment than the ‘80’s week; at least there are four different shows. Friday they’re airing a movie. I hadn’t seen much of The Honeymooners in the longest time until the show came to WGN America, and I must say I’m enjoying it and boy, do I see the inspiration The Flintstones had. I haven’t seen Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie since TVLand dropped them, so it’ll be nice seeing them again. I’m not a fan of The Beverly Hillbillies. I could never get into it, but I’m sure the show’s fans are excited about it.

It's really nice to see WGN's continuing with these theme weeks; they must be doing pretty decently in the ratings.

No comments: