Monday, February 25, 2008

GSN Live: Premiere

As of today, GSN’s now attempting another call-in interactive show where viewers can win prizes, but this time it all happens during some of their favorite classic game shows, from Noon-3 PM, all on GSN Live!

I guess in one way I really misinterpreted this show. The biggest problem I have with it already is that there isn’t enough of it. I was under the impression that this show would be on during EVERY commercial break and have one or two sponsors… or if not, we’d see more of the show than we have.

I probably should have figured they wouldn’t be on that much since they said that tried during rehearsals and they weren’t able to do interviews during the show. They said they’d have to cut one of the shows to make something like that possible. Too bad the show wasn’t going into the 3 PM hour. A bit of a disappointment, since I really was looking forward to seeing Wink Martindale being interviewed. However, the good news is that GSN’s airing the week of Password Plus where both he and Gene Rayburn are featured. And if that’s not good enough for you, Wink will be in the studio on Friday! That was a very good week for Password Plus. Good game play and one very memorable moment. Of course, it’s the one where someone in the control room at NBC made a MAJOR boo-boo and managed to erase an entire segment of an episode! But don’t worry, Gene, Wink, and Tom are ready in different clothes to recap the round.

It’s nice seeing Heidi Bohay back on a series again. Save for a recent infomercial, I’m most familiar with her appearances on $100,000 Pyramid in the 1980’s, and the late ‘90’s TV version of Better Homes & Gardens, with her husband Michael Spound. I’ve always wanted to see her in Hotel, but I haven’t had the chance yet. I’m not all that familiar with Fred Roggin. He’s a local California TV personality, but so far I think he’s doing a pretty good job on GSN Live.

The set is nice. It feels a lot like a daytime show should; very nice and comfy looking. The volume is just right. I hate over-energetic hosts who scream everything, and that’s not found here. I also like that there isn’t a bunch of garbage all over the screen during the shows.

No comments: