Monday, February 25, 2008

ATWT: A Letter For Noah/Ameera Comes To Town

February 18th:

You know, I completely side with Noah on the letter issue. I admire Luke for not wanting to let something like this want to take over his life, but to me, what Colonel Nutjob did is just absolutely unforgivable. There are many ways for a parent to show signs of love to his child, but murder and attempted murder is not one of them. Especially when the victims in question are your mother and your boyfriend.

February 22nd & 25th:

As much as I’m skittish about Ameera’s character, I can understand Noah’s eagerness about this whole thing. With the exception of an aunt that lives out of town and the Snyders, Noah doesn’t have a lot of people on his own that he knows. If it's true, the thought of Colonel Mayer actually being a decent person at any time is just sickening. The complements Ameera said are very hard to conceive. Compare the hero to the complete psycho that was in Oakdale last year. Bi-polar, aren’t we, Colonel? And of course, Noah’s not going to want to talk about it. It’s to be expected.

My big worry with this is that considering what could happen, it’ll probably turn into a classic case of “characters dumbed down for the sake of the storyline.” This is probably some plan of the Colonel's to "de-gay" Noah. I also couldn’t help but notice that as soon as they were about to kiss on Friday, there was a knock on the door and Ameera showed up… NOT FUNNY, P&G! I am also a bit nervous about what happens later this week. But I think I’ll wait until the shows air before posting my thoughts.

News articles have surfaced very recently, including the Los Angeles Times and The New York Daily News, and thanks to some fans, this non-kissing business is finally getting media attention. And CBS has commented saying they’re not doing any censoring, so now we know that Procter & Gamble is the one doing it; it‘s just obvious after seeing how they’re evading the questions. But what I think is really disappointing in all of this is that GLAAD does not seem to be in the least concerned. Yeah, they deserve praise for having a gay storyline, but knowing that someone at Procter & Gamble is censoring their affection makes it harder to praise the show, and it’s about time they got called on it. And I can’t help but just laugh at the audacity of the American Family Association. Out of all things to complain about on the show, they complain about Luke and Noah’s relationship… one of the few SOLID ones on the show. Never mind Carly being forced on by a ventriloquist psycho, Craig trying to induce a miscarriage, or Katie and Brad doing it like bunnies. And I just love their comment; in a nutshell saying that the homosexuals should stop kissing and being in bed together. Ha! What show are THEY watching? Or better yet, are they even watching at all?

I do know that with the Ameera storyline, some folks are a bit worried that somehow one of the guys will sleep with her. And to that I say… the powers that be have done some stupid things on this show in the past two years, I mean just downright idiotic. But I honestly don’t think they’d do something THAT dumb. The show should know by now that it’s skating on some seriously thin ice (not just with the Nuke storyline and its fans, but entirely). And after the Christmas show and especially after Valentine’s Day… heaven knows the storm of fecal matter that’ll rain over their heads if they even try to pursue that, or even imply that she slept with any of them. They seriously cannot have that many screws loose.

No comments: