Monday, February 25, 2008

Amne$ia: Premiere

On Friday night, NBC debuted a game show called Amne$ia, the new game show that is all about the contestant. I’m not an instant huge fan of it, but I actually wound up liking this somewhat.

Unlike The Moment of Truth, Amne$ia doesn’t come off as cheap and tawdry to me and it has a lot more fun with events of people’s lives and doesn’t deliberately try to embarrass the contestants with ridiculously personal questions. Though I do agree with a few people who’ve said that if you don’t care about the contestant, chances are you won’t be interested in that particular episode. I hope they don’t go the route Deal or No Deal has and pick the most stereotypical kinds of contestants imaginable complete with their friends and family members screaming everything at the top of their lungs.

I found Dennis Miller to be a much better host on this show than on GSN’s Grand Slam. I actually liked a lot of his jokes.

I like this show, but I don’t really see it as appointment television.

No comments: