Monday, February 4, 2008

ATWT: Scabs Effin' Rule

Where to begin, I didn’t even know they were going to be on today…

I was pretty excited to see Luke introduce Noah to someone else, as his boyfriend, with no awkwardness whatsoever. Granted, it was two other gay guys, but still, that is progress. We saw Jealous Noah a while back with Roth, and it was fun to see Luke be this way. And to be honest, I really didn’t blame him in this instance, as one of the guys was basically brain-boinking Noah. He so wanted him naked in that hot tub. Wow, forward much? I’m glad that both guys realized that the wild party scene is not for them. Especially in Luke’s case, since he’s had past problems with drinking and has a new kidney. Not that I know these two aren’t perfect, and I don’t want them to be goody two shoes, but there are plenty of young people who are not into the typical wild college parties, and Luke and Noah happen to be a couple of them. And while it’d be nice to meet other gay people, there’s a better way to do it. Not to mention, we are talking about Luke and Noah’s first time, too. Call me the cheesy romantic guy, but I would like to see something a lot more special than them doing it at some party.

The scabs have been mostly good when it comes to history, though they did flub one tiny bit when Noah mentioned that he still slept on the couch. We all know he has a room of his own now at the farm. So far this is the only mistake in that respect I’ve seen them make.

And Noah kissing Luke goodbye, today. And them hugging each other recently, like when Noah got the key or when Luke needed moral support after Holden was arrested. This, THIS is what I’m talking about when it comes to affection; what we’ve been seeing the past two or three weeks. Not a make out session every time they’re on, but a hug or a kiss when the time calls for it, when it’s necessary. And today proves that many fans were naturally right -- the characters were so makin’ out off camera it’s not even funny. The powers that be are clearly getting the message now with this too and I’m really happy to see it.

As for the other storylines… don’t like them overall but the dialogue is better. Lather, rinse, repeat.

So, in the end all that’s left for me to say for today is…

Scabs effin’ rule.

No comments: