Saturday, February 16, 2008

ATWT: Fed up

After seeing the Valentine's Day show... I have one question out of several to ask... do the people in charge really care? I mean, seriously. Do they really even give a damn?

What it boils down to for me is that it really does not take much to make a lot of people happy. All they had to do in the first segment was have them kiss for 5 seconds, and if they hadn‘t have kissed in the fantasy segment, then that would have been okay with me. I mean, seriously, how hard is that? And that’s what’s most insulting to me. You’d think they’d have learned their lesson by now. They got many angry calls and letters about what happened on December 20th. And if they’re so clear about the two of them not kissing, the teasing is just downright cruel. I’m sorry, but seeing Luke and Noah have all these almost kisses only to get interrupted by someone, and then last week finding out from the characters themselves that they’ve been kissing off camera… that is just like dangling a carrot over a rabbit’s head and just yanking the cord away just when it’s about to reach it. And let’s not forget it was Luke, LUKE SNYDER, who’s the out gay man in Oakdale and helped Noah come out, backed out of the kiss in the real time segment. And I didn’t need the fact that they can't kiss to be thrown in my face during the fantasy sequences. If they think this is some kind of joke, well, I’ve got news for Goutman, Cahill, and the rest of Procter & Gamble: I am not laughing. Every couple and even some who AREN'T couples got to kiss. Every couple that is except Luke and Noah.

Here's the proof:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xMRs9v_U5Tc

They really should have thought about every aspect of this storyline before executing it. Not only would people have complained about them kissing, but they’re going complain about the storyline PERIOD. And a couple in love are going to kiss. It’s just that plain and simple. Especially on the most romantic day of the year. Now I wonder if even the homophobes even watch the show at all, but instead just send out form letters with God Hates Fags stationery talking about how they‘ll burn in hell for supporting two men in love. And who ARE these homophobes anyway?

And let's not forget Van and Jake have said time and time again that they want to do this story right. They have no problem showing affection. None whatsoever. That’s actually the big reason why I come back for more. They’re great actors and have marvelous chemistry. And it’s a pretty difficult situation for the fans who want to voice their opinions; it’s not like it’s a talk show or a morning program that airs its shows live or is on a one-day delay, so if we write to people saying we don’t like something, they can address viewer grievances in a quicker fashion. It’s going to take weeks for people to see any type of change. For the most part, they've handled a lot of stuff in this storyline right. Why chicken out now?

I'm still in limbo as to whether or not I should continue watching. I didn't even see the show on Friday because I was still mad. I downloaded several older episodes of the show that I don't even feel like watching right now. They're getting another letter from me. I tried being reasonable and rational in the last letter I wrote to them commending them for the storyline and still getting the point out that I am not happy about lack of affection, and I bet other people did too and look what happened. This time I don't think they deserve the complement. And it's too bad too because the day to day dialogue is getting better for the most part and I was impressed with the Luke/Noah scenes last week. If I don't know who exactly to send it to -- fine, I'll send it to every person in that building if I have to. They need to know, especially after what went down that this is NOT okay and a big part of me is through trying to be positive. And while I'm at it, I'll also let them know what an idiotic decision it was to fire Scott Bryce.

Congratulations, ATWT, you just gave me another reason to hate Valentine’s Day. And congrats for also pissing off a big fan base, including myself, RIGHT before a front-burner storyline with these guys start. I mean, really, my hat’s off to ya! Way to go! /sarcasm

I hope the haters are happy. Well knowing them, they won’t be fully content until the homosehksuhls are band from teh teevee.

2 comments:

Richard said...

Just wanted to say I enjoyed this post and I agree with you--this is NOT the way to kick off a big storyline!

Ron said...

I would like tell I feel the same way thank you