Saturday, October 24, 2009

Remembering Soupy Sales

The world of entertainment has lost yet another legend, Milton Supman, best known as Soupy Sales, died this week at the age of 83.

I was too young to see much of Soupy’s shows originally, with the exception of a few clips from specials like Bloopers and Practical Jokes, and to my knowledge it has never been rerun. However I am more familiar with his appearances on various game shows so I’ll focus more on those. I think my two favorite game shows that he appeared on were Pyramid and What’s My Line?. On Pyramid, he was very fun to watch even though sometimes luck wasn’t always on his side. What’s My Line? really helped in showing off his wit and humor, especially since on the syndicated version, demonstrations were done.

May one of the world’s most loved comedic personalities rest in peace.

1 comment:

Samantha K said...

I absolutely loved Soupy's style -- it was fun for the whole family (most of the time); how could you not love a guy with a name like "Soupy," right?