Tuesday, September 23, 2008

TPIR: 37th Season Premiere

The first day of fall marked the season premiere of America’s longest-running daytime game show. Price’s 37th season got off to a pretty exciting start with Most Expensive. Heartbreaking loss though.

As reported this summer, we got a new pricing game, Gas Money! I really like the concept behind it. With the name and everything, it really marks our current time period. And not only do you get a car if you win the game, but you also win up to $10,000!

As I probably said before, I didn’t have a digital TV converter box before this season so I’m finally seeing the show in widescreen now and I must say, it’s another really interesting experience. I don’t have an HDTV and even I can tell how even better the show looks with the HD cameras. And speaking of looks… the set this season is pretty good in my opinion. Pretty much the Million Dollar Spectacular set brought to daytime, sans the black floor, also as reported earlier this summer. I do like the new big wheel design. Though I’m really not looking forward to seeing the purple coloring with that. I like how the show looks modern enough without being too modern.

I’m looking forward very much to the rest of the season and I’m glad that small changes were made without the show losing its feel.

No comments: