Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Syndie Millionaire: Season Premiere

The start of the seventh season on daytime syndicated Millionaire saw some new changes to the show, as pointed out recently during the summer.

There are the changes to the graphics and music. Also the addition of the two lifelines Double Dip from Super Millionaire and Ask The Expert. The potential topics from questions are now shown, and we can’t forget that dreaded clock. It’s pretty interesting seeing these changes play out.

I must say, it’s not the clock I have a problem with. The clock helps add suspense. But I do think that the clock should not start until after all of the possible answers have been read. That just sounds more fair to me.

Nothing much to say about Double Dip. It’s done the exact same way as it was on Super. I really like the Ask The Expert lifeline. I can’t say I’m going to miss 50:50 all that much and I never really liked Switch the Question.

The graphics take a bit of getting used to pretty much for the fact that they‘re brand-new, but in watching the episode again, I really don’t mind them at all. While they are obviously different, they still help keep the feeling of the show. Same with the music and the ticking embedded in it obviously fits with the new addition of the clock.

Meredith’s still herself, which is good. I do love her on this show.

No comments: