Thursday, August 28, 2008

ATWT: Black Tie Optional

Tuesday August 26th:

I have to say, I absolutely loved, loved, LOVED the tie scene between the two of them. I am so glad that the first kiss between these two was referenced and with things like “Bubby” being Noah’s nickname for Luke, it’s another instance that shows just how in love these two really are. All the mushroom references I found to be both weird (Who in God’s name came up with the idea of hunting and camping for mushrooms? Seriously?) and in some cases with Luke and Noah, rather titillating and amusing. If they were trying to be subtlCheck Spellinge with the latter characters with those references, they pretty much failed. But with those two it was still fun to watch. Brian made it seem creepy when talking about it to Lucinda. And for the record, I don‘t blame Noah one bit for looking concerned when the topic of camping came up. If I were them, there’s no way in hell I’d even think of camping after what happened last summer.

While I understand why, and in some instances, agree with how Luke was offended by what Brian said last week; at the same time it’s a bit too early in this storyline for Luke to be as suspicious as he is about Brian. Even though it’s pretty easy (and a bit sad) for the audience to predict some of these “nice guys” on the show lately, at the risk of possibly sounding nonsensical, it seems a bit too early for the character to be this suspicious. It’s like we skipped a scene. The feelings go from offended to suspicious, and the change in emotion is so quickly done, and because of that I feel like I can see where this storyline is going already. What I did notice is that even though I don’t like that, I do like that we see that the cool, calm and collected Noah balances out upset, mistrusting, and suspicious Luke.

Again, I can’t help but notice how fast their storylines seem to go in comparison to some of the others.

No comments: