Friday, April 30, 2010

ATWT: Hypocrisy Much?

Thursday, April 29th:

As much as I’m not a fan of Reid, he is pretty right about Noah pushing Luke away during all of this. However… let’s not forget that this sound opinion comes from the brilliant mind of Dr. Reid “I-don’t-get-involved-in-my-patients’-personal-lives” Oliver; and no matter how right he may be about Noah, it‘s still the pot calling the kettle black since Reid has a huge rude streak himself. Not to mention one of the biggest reasons why Reid is jerky in the first place is because of the possible threat of a promising thing in his life, his career, was at stake. Hmm. That certainly sounds a tad familiar.
This in itself is what really makes it hard for me to “cheer Reid” on in any sense of the expression today. Fans have coined nicknames such as McBitchy and Dr. Asshat for a reason. And of course Reid ruins any progress made for me of being a semi-decent guy in Dallas by not telling Luke about Noah’s surgery. It’s not like it was a bitter break-up with no love or heart left whatsoever. Luke and Noah still care about each other very much and one of them is about to have BRAIN SURGERY. Of course Luke would want to be there. Reid should have known better than to keep that to himself instead of informing Luke, who’s just ended a long-term relationship. Is it any wonder why I don’t want to bat for this guy’s team yet?

It’s funny. It pissed me off to no end when Luke and Noah’s kisses were once cut off. Today, Luke and Reid’s interruptions didn't really bother me at all. In fact, I laughed a little.

Something that’s actually rare on this show these days unfortunately, but broke through today: character growth! I love how Noah’s realized he’s done wrong by pushing him away. The nature of Luke and Noah’s conversation and the hug at the end of it just go to show how much both of them still obviously care about one another. So totally endgame.

No comments: