Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ugly Betty Canceled

Ugh. I cannot begin to describe how much I hate this. This season of the show was easily starting to become incredible. With the exception of Matt leaving, I was really enjoying the storylines. I really enjoyed the Blackout episode the other week, and I loved Betty moving back out on her own.

I hate how this show was treated in the past year. First it was put on a hiatus in the spring last season in favor of two shows that just wound up getting canceled anyway. Then it moved to Fridays at 9 with little promotion, then they moved the show again with little promotion, and they didn't give people enough time for people to adjust to the second move. It's no wonder the ratings didn't pick up. They should have left it at 8 pm on Thursdays. Damn ABC.

The good thing though is that there will at least be time to have a finale with closure. Silvio Horta said that he had a plan to end the show in case something like this would happen, so at least there’s that. Otherwise… sigh.

No comments: