Saturday, January 23, 2010

Online Pick of the Week (1/22): ‘80’s Sitcom Closing Themes

Get ready for some serious saxophone playing! The pick this week goes to anyone who enjoys seeing the closing credits of their favorite television shows un-tampered with… a really nice montage of closing credit sequences from 1980’s sitcoms. It’s a minor annoyance, I know, but still, one of my pet peeves when it comes to television. It’s pretty annoying these days to see the real endings squeezed with the same worn-out promos taking up 95% of the screen, which is one reason of many as to why DVDs are a good thing.

And there are lot of good ones featured. Including The Cosby Show, Too Close for Comfort, The Golden Girls, Married with Children, and Charles in Charge (though I personally prefer the first season theme song best). Some rarely seen ones can be found as well, including Silver Spoons, Gimme a Break, and The Hogan Family. I noticed the scenes from the Who’s The Boss? credit roll actually comes from one of my favorite episodes, “Angela’s First Fight.”

1980’s closing credit sequences, my online pick of the week!

No comments: