Saturday, August 15, 2009

Online Pick of the Week (8/14): Super Millionaire

During all the latest Millionaire hoopla, I thought I’d watch a couple episodes of the last ABC primetime version of the show, Who Wants to Be a Super Millionaire?, where the top prize was worth a whopping $10,000,000!

I really liked this version. Again, like with any other version he‘s done, Regis is right on top with his vigor, energy and passion for the contestants. This was evident within the first five minutes alone. There were also the other new aspects of the show that I liked. I loved the Three Wise Men lifeline. And Double Dip added another new twist. Interestingly enough, no one tried it the way it could have worked, with 50:50. You could have easily tried 50:50 and then Double Dip, leading to a no-lose situation. I wonder why that isn’t the case anymore on current versions of the show.

There were also a few really memorable moments. Who can forget Todd Kim, or as Regis would call him, “The Kimmer,” trying to figure out which show featured the first ever condom commercial, Robert “Bob-O” Essig playing, or a nervous Dede Bradley calling Regis “dude.”

I think what really made it enjoyable besides the new lifelines is that in spite of all the changes made, the show still focused well on the contestants and the question material.

The clip chosen is from the second show, where Bob-O plays the million dollar question. Super Millionaire, my online pick of the week!

No comments: