Sunday, June 28, 2009

Online Pick of the Week (6/26): Soul Train

The pick this week is part tribute to Michael Jackson, and also part tribute to what has become overtime one of my favorite TV series, Soul Train!

Thanks to both WGN and a local station here, for a couple years I was able to see some of the classic episodes of the series and I instantly became hooked. I can imagine if I were old enough to experience the 1970’s episodes as the originally aired, I would have been easily trying to look what everyone was wearing to see what was hip in the fashion world at the time. And being an old-school music lover, it’s really fun seeing some of the artists like Kool and the Gang, Gloria Gaynor, Cheryl Lynn, Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis, Jr., etc. I do admit I watched the show as a little kid weekly with other family members but I didn't quite understand the big deal about it back then.

Classic TV at its finest, The Jackson 5 performing on Soul Train in 1973, my online pick of the week!

No comments: