Saturday, November 21, 2009

WWTBAM: Tournament of Ten

Well it’s finally over! The Who Wants to be a Millionaire? two-week Tournament of Ten finished yesterday and we have our first winner in a little over 6 years! Congratulations, Sam Murray!

What really amazed me is how many contestants actually guessed right on the million dollar question after walking away. But in all honesty, I don’t really blame any of them for leaving. I always feel that if I were playing and I didn’t know the answer, that it’d be time to go. Especially in this case since it’s not like the regular play where contestants would usually have at least one lifeline to use during the question. And I'm sure if any of them saw Ken Basin lose back in August, they surely didn't want to see the same thing happen to them if they were wrong.

There were some really fun moments with this tournament, aside from the win itself, one of the most entertaining moments had to have been with Keilani Goggins with her presidential question. Tim Janus also had a great moment when he faked Meredith out when it came to being able to answer the question. As much as I love her on this show, I know the contestants sweat bullets in part to her “trickster” method in seeing if the answer‘s right or not. At the end, Jehan Shamsid-Deen scared the living daylights out of me as the timer dwindled down to practically nothing before leaving.

This was a lot of great fun and I hope the show does this again sometime.

No comments: