Saturday, November 21, 2009

ATWT: Good, Meaty Material

Monday, November 16th:

This was one of the best episodes EVER. Seriously. Such great acting by Van. And I was more than happy to see Mason get socked. Jerk had it coming. His behavior just goes to show he didn’t care about Noah at all. That comment at the end with him blaming Luke everything… what an ass. No, Mason; if you had kept your composure and acted like a professional, none of this would have happened. The only person to blame for this mess is Mason.

And as much as I rag on Meg, for the last half of today, she gets serious kudos from me for helping Luke out when it came to visiting Noah in the hospital room. It’s another reason why this particular storyline is more enjoyable than previous ones. There’s definitely the realistic angle in there about how same-sex couples do not have legal medical rights. Another plus being how much Noah is being treated like one of the family.

Tuesday, November 17th:

I admit I was floored at first when I found out about this adoption business, but all in all, it’s really just a way to take care of Noah’s health insurance situation. I love all of the character interaction in this. Bob’s face when Damian told him about the adoption was priceless. I’ll also admit that when I say I want Noah to have more family, this is not what I had in mind, but this is playing out much better than I thought it would.

Something I’ve noticed… it seems that the rush-rush-rush feel of the show seems to be coming to an end and for that I’m happy. This show is finally turning itself around and it looks like the start of some nice, meaty material to work with.

No comments: