Wednesday, October 8, 2008

GSN Schedule News

FINALLY! Beginning November 10th, Meredith Vieira’s version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire? is coming to GSN. It will take over most of Regis’ slots, and will air weeknights from 8-9 pm and from 12-1 am. And Sundays at 2 pm replacing Camouflage. And more goodness! Monty Hall’s Beat the Clock is coming back starting November 12th at 2:00 am!

I am so happy to hear Meredith’s version is coming. I love her version, and it’s about time that that the Regis era got a rest for a while. I think Regis’ era was truly great, but it deserves to be on the backburner after 5 years of so much airplay. I know some people including myself were wondering if it was difficult to get this version or not. Guess it’s obviously not.

I was so disappointed to hear that Beat the Clock with Monty Hall was being pulled, and what really ticked me off about it was that it was being pulled just as the final week was starting. I’m glad that’s coming back. It’s a bit odd that it’s coming back on a Wednesday, but I’m thinking that Trivia Trap’s final episode probably airs the day before, so that’s probably what’s up with that. I’d really rather them not start over with Trivia Trap again, air the first 3 or 4 episodes, and then just remove it.

Also this week, Match Game (1979-82 syndie) is back at 9 am, Tic Tac Dough (1978-86 syndie) is on at 9:30, replacing Blockbusters (1980-82 NBC), which stays on Saturdays and Sundays only. I love it to death, but I’m glad Blockbusters is on weekends only right now. It deserves somewhat of a rest in my opinion. I must admit that I kind of wish they’d have gotten either the 1990 version of Match Game, or a different show, like Tattletales to come back and air at 9 am.

No comments: