Sunday, October 5, 2008

ALF Starts Tonight!

In case you haven’t heard, the classic ‘80’s alien sitcom ALF is being added to the WGN America Sunday night line-up from 6-7 PM eastern! But that’s not all, it’s also airing on Monday nights as well from 9-10 PM eastern!

I remember that it had been a long time since I had seen this show before the first marathon a few months back, and in seeing that one, I don’t love the show as much as I did when I was a kid but I do find it to be pretty enjoyable still.

This is great news and everything, but I do think it’s odd that the show doesn’t seem to be airing in order and that starting next week the same Monday episodes will air again on Sunday… well, as far as order goes, maybe it‘s like with WKRP in Cincinnati and they‘re airing the show in airdate order. But in spite of that, I do love that a new classic is being added to WGN’s schedule. When changes were announced for this network I did cringe at first, since these days when most networks do some sort of identity change, it’s really for the worse. But WGN has so much variety now. Comedies, dramas, movies, they still have baseball for the Cubs and Sox fans, and the local WGN News. Sunday evening’s line-up is now practically filled with classics, with the exception of the 10 PM news. And there is programming from multiple eras. I may not like every show airing (for instance, 7th Heaven) but there’s still plenty of things to interest many people.

I miss the days when cable had a bit more variety and now it’s coming back, at least with this channel, and networks like AmericanLife and RTN (now if I could only get AmericanLife). So while networks like TVLand and ION are busy keeping inconsistent schedules, not airing fan favorites and kissing 18-39 derriere, I’ll be sitting back watching a station that has more to offer, and WGN America is one of them.

No comments: