Wednesday, June 25, 2008

WGN's '80's Retro Week

Here is the layout for WGN America's 1980's Retro Week. This will air from July 7-11, and is follows:

Monday: ALF
Tuesday: Family Ties
Wednesday: E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial
Thursday: The Cosby Show
Friday: ALF (again, but with different episodes)

I was hoping that they'd do an '80's themed week, but I honestly have to say this particular week's plans are a real disappointment for the most part; especially when compared to the 1970's week. I mean, seriously, why a movie? And even though The Cosby Show has been rerun a LOT in the past few years, I can't say that I'm surprised that it's been included, and since that was a very popular (if not the most popular) sitcom of the 1980's, it should be. I must say that it will be nice seeing ALF and Family Ties, but I'm not looking forward to much else.

There are so many 1980's shows that could be used for this particular week. Is it that hard these days to acquire 4 episodes of Facts of Life, Silver Spoons, Kate & Allie, Mr. Belvedere, or Charles in Charge? They're also airing Newhart on Sunday nights and they easily could have also put that in; it would have been a great way to see later episodes of the series since it'll take a while to get to that point. I've read that they tried to get two other series, one of which being Mork & Mindy, but those plans fell through. I would have much rather them wait until they could have acquired five different shows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I only care for ALF from that list plus Mork & Mindy airs here 6 out of the 7 days....

Anonymous said...

Mork and Mindy should be coming to Sci Fi soon but I agree that it's kind of a dissapointment but I'd watch it anyway