Wednesday, June 25, 2008

ATWT: Breaking Up Is Hard To Do, Part Deux

Monday, June 16th:

You know, there are many days with not only this storyline, but the whole show I find myself asking "what in the eff are these writers doing?!" But for the most part, not today. This has to be the first time in quite a while where the writing in this nightmare of a story was actually decent.

Both of them brought up good points. Noah has fought for Luke before, during Luke's paralysis, but at the same time, why is it so hard now if he doesn't blame Luke for what happened to Daddie? Reg is single now that Noah wants to take a break from Luke. *gasp* And he's attracted to Luke! Funny how that works out. And Lucinda having a scene with Noah?! Finally, FINALLY, someone got this right! Do you know how long I've wanted to see a REAL scene with these two?

And you should have heard me scream "THANK YOU, GOD!" after I saw that Noah finally took off that godforsaken wedding ring. And the way it was shot, now THAT is an artistic camera pan I can certainly deal with, let me tell you.

Also what brilliant acting by Van and Jake.

Wednesday, June 18th:

I can't believe that Ameera all this time had relatives in California. Well, this is just typical. This storyline seemed to be made up as it went along, and it started making no sense so I'm not surprised it ended this way. But at this point, who cares? I'm just glad that Ameera is going to be away from Luke and Noah and that this charade of a marriage is finally over. I think we had a few good days, like the above episode I just reviewed, and a few kiss scenes, but still, this story seriously had it's bad moments and many of them, and I personally would never come up with a storyline like this. But there are plenty of ways where it could have worked, and I'm sure I would have liked the Ameera character if she wasn't just used as a plot device to block the Nuke lovin'.

And Noah, I love you, but there is something I don't get. You want to break up with Luke, but when you see him with Reg, you get jealous.

And what a major disappointment at the Emmys this year. There are plenty of times where the writing sucked, but Van can really work scenes really well and don't get me wrong, I like Tom Pelphrey a lot, but I was hoping Van would win this year.

No comments: