Friday, June 13, 2008

GSN's July Schedule

I've been meaning to post this and most of this month's entries sooner, but I've had a recent major hard drive failure and I've spent a lot of time in the past two weeks re-creating documents and re-downloading files that were lost.

Looks like GSN's changing their schedule again for the summer. Here are the highlights. These changes start on July 21st.

CHANGES LISTED ONLY:

9:00 am - Tic Tac Dough (replaces Love Connection)
10:00 am - Super Password (replaces Tic Tac Dough)
10:30 am - Family Feud (Combs, replaces Wheel of Fortune)
12:00 pm - Jeopardy! (replaces Super Password)
12:30 pm - Wheel of Fortune (replaces Family Feud, Dawson)
2:00 pm - Family Feud (Dawson, replaces Jeopardy!)
3:30 pm - Lingo (replaces Friend or Foe?)
4:00 pm - Weakest Link (Gray, replaces Weakest Link, Robinson)
4:30 pm - Family Feud (Karn, replaces Weakest Link, Robinson)
5:00 pm - Chain Reaction (replaces Family Feud, Karn)
7:30 pm - Catch-21 (replaces Lingo)

For the most part, nothing changes much except flip flopping shows around. I'm not that phased seeing Love Connection leave from the weekday line-up. It's not the show itself I have a problem with.... I just don't think GSN is a good enough fit for this show. I have to say I am very happy that Combs Feud is coming back to the schedule. Still not a fan of the afternoon schedule. I'll be glad to see it at any rate, but I hope they don't start over from the beginning just yet since they were in the middle of the final season last time they were airing. My television is usually onto something else by 3 PM if I am watching GSN in the 2 PM hour. And as I've mentioned before, Karn Feud in my eyes could definitely lose some airings. I was never a big fan of Friend or Foe? but I'd take it anyday over GSN's version of Chain Reaction. And if it really isn't doing that hot, I'm glad that GSN is at least giving Tic Tac Dough a chance. If this were a network like ION, it would have been gone in two weeks.

No comments: