Thursday, January 17, 2008

More Details About The Best of The Price Is Right DVD Release

More details have arisen recently about the new Price Is Right DVD release coming March 25th.

We should be getting four Bill Cullen era shows, Bob Barker’s first show, several 1970’s episodes and Bob’s final week.

I have to say two things I was pleasantly surprised to hear about, one being that there would be any Cullen shows. I love that era so much and I’ll be buying this set for those episodes alone. I was also surprised to hear that the first show should be included, which considering the fact that Bob wishes that his earlier episodes that featured furs as prizes were to never be rerun, that was something to hear. The restriction didn’t really start to bother me until I realized that several pricing games debuted on episodes with furs, one example being Clock Game. I think most people realize that Bob didn’t become an animal activist until the 1980’s, so watching fur episodes from before that shouldn’t make people suddenly think he was some sort of hypocrite on that matter.

I was hoping that we’d see more episodes from the 1980’s or maybe some from the Tom Kennedy era. And I have to admit that while I had the inkling we’d see Bob’s last show, I didn’t think they’d put on the whole final week. But this set still looks promising and I love the 1970's era of the series.

Since there were no real problems reported with the All-Star Family Feud set, BCI seems to have fixed whatever disc problem they had with the Match Game set. I was so excited to get my best of Match Game DVD set only to test out disc 4 and realize that it didn’t work. The picture pixilated and the sound failed and so did the photo gallery. I was so furious since I had this problem with two new sets. A lot of other people had this issue too. I’m glad this problem was taken care of.

Here’s hoping to a good DVD set. Cheers to game shows being released on DVD! Whoo-hoo!

No comments: