Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Hope Everyone Had a Nice Holiday Season

Just wanted to say that I hope everyone had a great holiday season.

I wish I had remembered about the Price Is Right Christmas shows. I normally don’t forget but this time I did and didn’t get to see all of them. I’ll have to keep this in mind next holiday season, because that just screams “We’re Christmas episodes, review us!” And it completely passed my mind that they would air a new show on the 25th, not only was it new, but a Plinko record was set. What a bad game show fan I was to miss that. If I had known, I would have taped it along with the 1995 episode of The Young and the Restless and the 2003 episode of The Bold and the Beautiful that aired the same day. Watching those two older episodes made me realize the one pet peeve I have when it comes to watching one older random episode of a soap opera. Of course, it’s not knowing all the history. I soon found out that Nicholas Newman on The Young and the Restless was framed for murder, and that’s why he was in prison on that show, but I’m still wondering why Sally Spectra was so depressed at the beginning of The Bold and the Beautiful episode. However, tiny pet peeve aside, it’s always nice to see older episodes of the genre when the shows were better written as a whole and were good every single day. There was also the marathon of A Christmas Story on TBS. I made sure to watch that at least twice. I really am not a big fan of modern-day TBS and don’t watch regularly anymore; but I’m happy that they keep one tradition. I made sure to see Elf on USA as well for the first time in full; not a favorite but it wasn‘t bad to me. I’m glad NBC is keeping up with the tradition of It’s A Wonderful Life. And last but not least who can forget the animated classics? Seeing A Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph, and Frosty really help put me in a good mood for the holidays if I‘m not already in one.

On New Year’s Eve I noticed that Sci-fi had the Twilight Zone marathon. Not that big a fan of that show but it’s nice that a network is keeping a tradition alive for the fans. I wish I had WPIX-TV. I hear that they had a great marathon of The Honeymooners. Also there was the $100,000 Pyramid marathon on GSN. While I wish that hopefully they’ll get the rights to another season, the episodes they picked were good. Speaking of Pyramid, its original host and master of the game was back for the Dick Clark New Year’s Rockin’ Eve 2008 special. It was nice seeing him again, and I noticed that he has movement in one of his arms again, but sadly his speech was still somewhat slurred from his stroke in 2004. This man is one of my favorite celebrities of all time and I truly respect and admire his braveness and willing to continue being apart of helping America have fun in bringing the New Year. I wish him all the best and a continued recovery.

New Year’s Day had the Let’s Make A Deal marathon. I wish I remembered to tape the whole thing. It was unique in the fact that they were all apart of the final season, when they taped at the Las Vegas Hilton.

I’ve got to do better at this marathon thing lately. Normally I try not to lag. Not only is this stuff a lot of fun to watch, but at the same time it also just screams “we’re marathons, review us!”

No comments: