Monday, January 21, 2008

ATWT: Whodunit?

First, the Luke and Noah scenes from January 18 (these are all thanks to LukeVanFan who does a great job at editing and uploading the stuff regularly).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJEU1nHOP6o - Part 122

And since the show revolved more around other things, I might as well talk about them here. Dusty Donovan has been murdered. And this has to be one of the most badly done murder mysteries I have ever seen.

First of all, I understand why Lily would want to cause harm to Dusty after what he did lately, but at the same time, she freaking OVERDOSED on pills and booze the night it happened! How in the heck did she manage to be able to leave her hospital bed and then wind up on some stairs? She looked as though she could barely talk, let alone move.

And let’s not forget the extremely poor job done at trying to revive the guy. According to Margo, they were there trying to revive him for 15 minutes with only doing chest compressions. I'd understand if this was in the middle of nowhere, but for heaven’s sake, this is supposed to be a hospital! Where were the electrodes? It’s funny how a guy can croak in the hospital and hardly anything is done to try to save him.

And most viewers already know why certain people would want that man dead. We didn’t need to have extra conflict scenarios written in just to see who would want to off him. We didn't need them all saying things not dissimilar to "He'll never interfere in our lives again. "We know the guy’s name too. It seemed every suspect when angry with him for the last time, was basically shouting, “I’m gonna get you Dusty Donovan! You’re gonna pay for this, Dusty Donovan!” We’re not idiots, writers! It's also pretty obvious that Chris' puppet Evan did it too (I'll be willing to eat my words if I'm wrong, but with this, I doubt anyone else did it), because Chris couldn't do his own dirty work to silence Dusty about what he did with Bob. And Chris apparently gave his own father something to induce his stroke? As if Chris wasn't already bad enough lying about the argument the two of them had before Bob collapsed. For the love of God, please stop the character destruction!

Even The Simpsons managed to do a much better job with “Who Shot Mr. Burns?” keeping more dramatic effect and had viewers abuzz wondering who did it. They did an awesome job with the drama aspect and they’re a sitcom. I’d honestly be more addicted playing Clue! I imagine that Dusty’s death and the events surrounding it would have been much better if it were written and edited decently (we didn‘t even see Dusty fall to the ground!). And that’s just it. Most of the faults lie in the dialogue. Some actors like Dylan Bruce and Grayson McCouch I’m not sold on. But I think most of the other ones in the storyline did a decent job, and I’m glad vets are doing something. But as a whole could be handled so much better even if they just paid attention to details, because even the little things help make it a bit more addictive and realistic.

I hate to sound biased, but it really seems that despite some issues I have with how Luke and Noah’s story’s being done, it seems to be written a lot better, especially lately, than the rest of the show. Although they need to work on minor details with them too. Luke was without his cane, which is nice, but I’d think that we’d see celebrating the day this took place. Watch the next time they’re on, and he’ll be back on it again. He didn’t even limp! Though I loved the "boys are yucky" scene with Faith and Natalie. And they hugged -- AGAIN! I think the folks in charge are finally getting the message.

It’s past that time again where in some cases, if Luke and Noah aren’t on that particular day, I’m probably not going to watch. And if I am, I’ll watch it either out of habit or to see just how insanely bad that day in question is and get a good laugh. Those last two reasons to watch are NOT good signs. What happened to nearly two years ago when I first started watching the show again and I was able to get into the whole thing?

No comments: