Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Stuff That’s Irritating Me

Just some good old-fashioned bitching and moaning with no real direction. Please excuse the randomness.

GSN last night during $100,000 Pyramid; randomly cutting an infomercial during the second half. Then five minutes later running the entire second half of that day‘s $25,000 Pyramid twice, skipping the first half entirely. This is one of many MAJOR technical malfunctions. They’ve explained themselves to be moving into new broadcast facilities. I’ve tried to be patient but it’s been over a week now. I’ve seen local stations transition better than this. I’ll admit I know nothing about running a control room and I don‘t expect perfection 100% of the time, but how long should it take to get used to new broadcasting equipment? Please get your act together, GSN.

SOAPnet with yet another new reality show… someone please tell me how the hell Southern Belles: Louisville has anything to do with soap operas at all, along with a good bit of the other series they‘ve acquired. I’d really like to know.

Then there’s Ugly Betty being moved to Fridays at 9. I can’t tell you how much I hate this. One reason being that it’ll be on the same time as Fox’s Dollhouse. And I just have the feeling, especially after that hiatus business last month, that the show probably won’t survive this move either. Why, ABC, why? Why fix something that isn’t broken?

No comments: