Monday, April 21, 2008

It’s time for the Primetime Family Feud!

More information has come out, and it looks like all-star Family Feud will be coming back to primetime this July on NBC.

I have to say there are so many ways for this to work. I hope they stick with the style that the 1970’s primetime all-star shows did. I love the idea of sitcom and drama casts playing a part in this. I can easily see something like How I Met Your Mother vs. The Big Bang Theory, Ugly Betty vs. Brothers & Sisters, Smallville vs. Supernatural (it could easily work if you add the actors playing Bobby, Jo, and Bela along with Jensen and Jared), and the Lost vs. Heroes example mentioned in articles would be really nice. There are plenty of options. Please, NBC, no reality star rejects and wannabes. I can’t say I’ll be jumping for joy if we’ll see an I Love New York vs. Flavor of Love pairing. Ew.

The host for these specials will be Today show personality Al Roker. John O’Hurley will apparently be involved with something else for CBS and won’t be able to do it. I can see this as a type of show for Al. I saw him host Millionaire last year and thought he was pretty good, but I was also thinking that he’d fit much better on a high spirited program.

Even though I’m kind of tired of Feud in repeats right now, pretty much since it’s on so often… two hours already of the current in over 80% of the country both in first-run and on ION, then factor in the multiple GSN airings. This will actually be something with a fresh and new twist to it and I will be looking forward to this.

No comments: