Monday, April 21, 2008

ATWT: No More "Cake"

Friday, April 18th:

You just gotta love the in-character bad acting for the movie they’re doing. And Ameera trying to be all meek. Girl, please. We all knew she wanted to be carried by Noah in the house. And then that ad-libbed kiss she planted on him. Ugh, there are several reasons why I hated that. And what I didn’t like even more is that no one even bothered to address it. You should have been there watching next to me when I literally shouted “HELL NO!” at my TV screen when Ameera asked to do another take.

One other interesting thing… in the beginning Luke and Noah agreed to participate in this charade in fear that Ameera would be sent back to Iraq and will DIE. Now if all parties don’t cooperate, she’ll be sent back to Iraq and will be ALL ALONE. Because THAT'S not a big difference, writers. Aren’t plot driven storylines the greatest? And speaking of, still not liking how this is diminishing the intelligence of the characters. Casey in this for the most part who seems to know what Ameera’s up to. Thank God he was able to get through to Luke before leaving this quad. And Ameera… like I mentioned earlier, it’s one thing to have some innocent little crush, but trying to act on it knowing full well and being told repeatedly that Noah is gay and is in love with Luke… it’s not like she doesn’t know any better. This is just pathetic.

I’m still not sold on this storyline, and with Jean Passanante officially back as head writer… I’m sure I probably won’t be now. As it seems that Ameera’s going to be another female character so desperate for a man that she’ll do ANYTHING to get him. Sigh. Not a fan of how the majority of women are written on this show. I am impressed with the acting, and I definitely realized watching this episode that at this point that this is what’s making me stay. Van and Jake did a great job on this episode, and for me it also won over Billy Magnussen as Casey Hughes. It kinda makes me disappointed that Casey’s character is out of this now since I found that his involvement in it made some sense and also I’m really starting to enjoy Billy. I hate Ameera, but I do think Tala Ashe is doing a good job with what she has to work with. Also, not feeling the super-short scenes.

And next week’s preview features Ameera planting another one on Noah. Sigh. Good Lord. Come ON, Procter & Gamble.

No comments: