Wednesday, October 31, 2007

GSN's Viewer's Choice Marathon this November 23rd!

I was at first pretty skeptical when I first heard GSN was having another Feast of Favorites marathon this year (now called Viewer’s Choice) after getting my hopes up when hearing the same thing would happen last year, only to find out that was a rumor. But after seeing the promo on the air and the webpage on the GSN site, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it’s true! On November 23rd, the day after Thanksgiving, us viewers get to pick what we want to see for ten hours of the day! From 9 am-7 pm.

I’m personally rooting for the following: Eubanks Card Sharks, Rafferty Blockbusters, Beat the Clock with Gene Wood, I’ve Got A Secret with Steve Allen, $100,000 Pyramid, Jackpot!, Wheel of Fortune, Rock & Roll Jeopardy!, The Joker’s Wild, Blyden What’s My Line?, Hot Potato, Tattletales, Tic Tac Dough, Treasure Hunt, and Win Ben Stein’s Money. Hopefully a few of those shows will make it. Mostly my goal was really picking series that are not on the regular schedule. Yeah, I applaud them for adding Double Dare, Trivia Trap, Let’s Make a Deal, Body Language, Press Your Luck and Beat the Clock with Monty Hall. But we can see those regularly. While highlights like those on the regular line-up are worth watching, I think this should be our chance as game show fans to see the more rarely seen shows. When I heard about this marathon, I truly was not expecting to see Barry-Enright series, or Pyramid or Jackpot! there, considering the library they’re in and how hard it is to see Sony shows. But after this and a few other recent special occasions, it looks like GSN can get the Sony owned episodes that are needed if they truly want to air them for an event. And even Rock & Roll Jeopardy!. I have always wanted to see that, especially some of the all-star ones. So yes, I’m definitely voting for things that are as of now, rarely seen on the air.

Game show fans that are reading this: if you haven’t done it yet, please vote! Voting runs through the 11th of November.

No comments: