Thursday, September 27, 2007

As The World Turns: Noah, you go, boy!

Today was another fierce and well-done day on As The World Turns.

I was a bit disappointed that there was no second angle kiss between Luke and Noah at the beginning like what happened the first time. Though I loved how the innocent, sweet music played when we saw them kiss briefly, then when Noah’s dad walked in the music got all tense and creepy, just like Winston himself is.

As expected, we get this nasty attitude from Winston when he catches them. Actually, "nasty" is an understatement. Barking at Noah and Luke, and then Maddie walks in and accidentally makes it worse. The three of them were scared crapless, and rightfully so. And then to make matters even more climactic, we have Winston calling Noah a liar and a coward, and he cuts himself off before calling him the next hurtful thing in mind, on which I'll bet my entire video collection, would have been a slur that rhymes with the word "maggot." And then even going as far to say that he has no son.

I was so relieved to see that Noah didn't shut Luke out again after that whole blow-up. One of my favorite lines from today was after Luke said that he's probably sorry he ever met him, Noah said that they kissed each other, and he doesn't regret it. Then they even have the nicest little almost cuddle talking about the situation. And after that, this is the moment we've been waiting for. Noah finally decides to stand up to Colonel Bigot.

And then after Maddie left Noah and Luke earlier at WOAK, we get more confrontation between her and Winston outside. Maddie is so right. Win should be sorry for how he acted between them. And if he asked me whether or not I was intimate with Noah, screw respect. I would have just told him "none of your damn business."

Meanwhile at the bar, we have Winston drinking while having an audio flashback thinking about an argument between he and Cheri. About how he won't have him turn into a "deviant" like she is. God, just when this dude can't get any scarier. And the "NOW GET OUT OF THE HOUSE! *echo* GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!" literally made me jump a bit. And here comes Noah, who finally confronts his father and tells him that it's not hard just for him to deal with, but it's hard for himself as well. Also Noah realized why dear old dad wanted him to join the army and why he was so cheerful with the idea of he and Maddie being together. Then the reassurance that it's nobody's fault he's gay. And yay! He's happy for who he is (finally!)... and miraculously, out of nowhere, Winston says he will accept him for who he is. And then he calls Luke to tell him the good news -- this is the best part of the show for me. "He told me he didn't want to lose me. And Luke -- I don't want to lose you." Noah, you go, boy!

I also really loved Maddie and Luke's scene at Al's Diner talking about everything. Even an "Invisible Girl" mention. I am so happy that Maddie still wants to be friends with Luke and Noah. Also, gasp, after adding up the events of the day, Maddie is finally becoming more creeped out by the Colonel.

Again, the acting was incredible. Daniel Hugh-Kelly... my goodness. So far I've only seen him on two shows, Ryan's Hope and As The World Turns. This man's acting is fierce. The man has done a really good job at making me like his character on RH, and truly despise the character he portrays on ATWT. And Jake did a really good job again of having Noah be vulnerable and sad after the big blow-out at the top of the show, when he stood up to Win, and at the end when he called Luke.

Seriously, why can’t most of the other storylines featured be this good?

I really have no interest in Paul/Craig/Meg and Cole and Sofie. The latter two have only been on the show for just over a month and ALREADY they’re having the same repeated scenarios over and over. Cole is a complete jerk to girlfriend Sofie, and Aaron (with whom she works with) and Gwen (who turns out to be Cole’s sister) tell her he’s bad news, repeatedly. The two of them fight and he treats her like garbage, and they make up. Lather, rinse, repeat. And I’m telling you right now, if I were Sofie and Cole told me that he might not be the father of our baby, I’d have honestly slapped him straight into the next century. I don’t really care for Gwen’s current storyline either. As for Carly dying, Maura West rocks. Seriously. Her acting is really keeping this afloat. The storyline itself I don’t have really have much of a problem with. It’s Katie’s role in it. Katie and Jack do not belong together. Period.

Now for anyone who's read the spoilers for next week, we know that it is not yet over between Noah and Luke, hence my still constant Winston-bashing. I won't say much. But even though it's gonna be brief for right now, I'm really excited seeing Noah and Luke being happy for a change. All I can say is fasten your seat belts, and get ready for a climactic, soapy, drama-filled ride.

Again I ask, why can’t most of the other storylines be as good or nearly as good as Luke and Noah's?

No comments: