Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Little GSN Schedule Rant

So I see GSN has decided to slip on more Family Feud with Richard Karn. Taking over the Dawson Monday and Friday daytime slots, at 9:30 am and 12:30 pm eastern. Combine that with the other airings, and basically the show will continue to be run into the ground.

In all honesty, I've really grown tired of all of this constant repetition. And I'm referring to all types of shows when I'm talking about this. Especially in the case of a show like Karn Feud. I don't have any actual hate for his version of the series. Or Richard Karn. That being said, no version of any show needs to air 5 times a day. Period. I don't care what year it's from. I don't care who the host is. I don't care how popular the run is (or seems to be). Especially if it's the same version of a series that has upwards of at least 4 different eras. As much as I was happy to see it return to the schedule, there's no need to air Card Sharks 4 times a day, especially if they only leased a limited portion of both shows. No need to air Deal or No Deal as much as they do. It's a hot property now, but it's going to get stale eventually, and drop off. Just like Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. And it'll probably happen sooner if they continue to air it as frequently as they do.

I'm tired of cable networks airing the same limited numbers of shows multiple times a day. I love a lot of shows, but some of them on other channels I barely watch in reruns and just decide to watch DVD's or old tapes instead at my convenience because I don't want to get sick of them because they air so much. It's lazy programming. Especially for a network like GSN, which has many shows from multiple eras at its hands. Hundreds of thousands of episodes at their disposal. It doesn't have to be all classic either. I miss the variety.

2 comments:

http://www.ehow.com/members/stevemar2-articles.html said...

I totally agree with your rant, especially the last sentence. GSN used to be such a great network, but the shows on it are horrible now. GSN should really stand for the Garbage Shows Network since many of the shows it airs are just garbage!

Amanda By Night said...

I think some of it comes down to licensing, but I pretty much agree 100%. I mean, if you can afford to run a network, cable or otherwise, you can probably also afford to license more shows. I'm OK with 4 episodes of Card Sharks though!

I wish they'd air the Ray Combs Family Feuds, and for crissakes, please bring back Super Password so I can get my Bert Convy love going!

You have a great blog, btw.